Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Before the Eiffel Tower on the Hour

Sometimes I feel like I can breathe fire
Like if I let my throat open
My teeth would spark
And fury would burst from my lungs
A conflagration so powerful
Even its own ashes would be consumed
And I would be left alone in that empty setting
And I would exist in pure white space
With my thoughts as pallet
And my mind the brush
And for the first time I could be unspoiled
And free to express myself
Free from judgement
And being so I imagine I would grow a smile
Then dash
And splash and splotch paint everywhere
Then get a big pool of blue and green
And just throw my face in it
Then smear it all over my clothes
And all over the walls and floors and ceilings
And all throughout the air
There would be passion in my nostrils
And shame behind my ears
And bliss between my toes
Then I could be myself
For the first time that would be me there
On a little plot of grass before the Eiffel Tower
As we shone

No comments: