Sunday, November 26, 2006

In the hookah bar

What are these,
We humans here?
Dreaming and dreaming
The long lost thoughts and comforts
That once held us there,
But now leave us bare.

Pass me the hose,
I'll have a hit.
It's all I want now.
Not sure I can move.

Can you see the myst
As smoke curls 'round the lamp?
Delicately it curls,
And sneaks away.
Vapidly, it leaves.

A dream I had,
Or dream-like thought maybe:
(It's hard to remember sometimes)
Five I's sat on the pebble beach.
We each wondered which was me
And who was I
And were we we?

The orange taste gave itself to me at first
But my senses can detect it no longer.
Vanille seems the same as any
Though I'm told it's no good.

I demand nothing.
What do you want from my song?
This place is dark,
I would I could stay here
And sleep maybe,
But even dreams cannot satisfy
This null, this empty urge.

Alex draws some girls over there to my attention.
I am piqued for a moment,
They leave though,
And I am again left alone
Left?
By myself anyway.

I may never leave this dark den,
I may never be myself again.
You say it is ten
then:
Yes, I ought to be able to stand
And march back,
If you want.
I don't care.
Nothing matters
In the hookah bar.

No comments: